Keynote Speaker 9:00-9:40AM
"Innovation Competency and the Path to Successful Commercialization"
Speaker: Scott Bruder
Morning Session Part I 9:40-10:10AM
"Tissue Interactions/Tissue Interfaces in Dentistry"
Speaker: Pamela Yelick
"Present and Future ECM Derived Products in Wound Care and Soft Tissue Reconstruction"
Speaker: Hilton Kaplan
Morning Break 10:40-11:00AM
Morning Session Part II 11:00AM-11:25PM
The Path from Concept to Product
Speaker: Robert Stockman "It's About the Money - Financing Approaches to Underwrite Bold Ideas"
Speaker: Judith O’Grady "The Regulatory Strategy for FDA Approval of a Novel Medical Device"
Parallel Breakout Sessions 1:00-4:15PM with a BREAK from 2:20-2:40PM
Fundamental Science of Bioactive Materials
Chair: Murat Guvendiren and Hilton Kaplan
1. Christopher Chen "Bioactive materials to engineer mechanotransduction"
2. Jean Schwarzbauer "The ECM – Bioactive or Biopassive?"
3. Matthew Becker "Peptide Functionalized Hydrogels for Use in Regenerative Medicine"
4. Prabhas Moghe "Bioactive Nanomaterials Aimed at the Ground Zero of Atherosclerosis"
5. Robert Latour "Molecular Modeling of Bioconjugated PEG-Based Hydrogels as a Guide for Bioactivity Optimization"
6. Cathryn Sundback "Degradation and Remodeling of Decellularized ECM-Derived Surgical Scaffolds"
7. D. Kacy Cullen "Tissue Engineered "Living Scaffolds" to Restore Nervous System Structure and Function"
8. William J. (Bill) Welsh "In Silico Design of Anti-atherogenic Biomaterials"
Translation of Bioactive Materials
Chair: Lauren Macri and Sangya Varma
1. Yi Arnold "Viable Cryopreserved Placental Membranes: Scientific Background and Clinical Experience"
2. Mrinal Shah "Current Clinical Experiences With Cell Based Materials"
3. Frederick Halperin "Challenges of Sterilizing Bioactive Biomaterials"
4. Mark Davies "Comparison of Human in vivo and Porcine Skin Deposition Models: Deposition of Salicylic Acid from Wash-Off Products"
5. Marcus Cicerone "Exploring Biology and Materials with Coherent Raman Methods"
6. Murat Guvendiren "Future of 3D Printing in Medicine"
7. Joachim Kohn "Bioactive Scaffolds for Orthopedic Applications: Results Obtained in a Goat Calvaria Model"
8. Scott Hanton "Leveraging CRO Relationships to Accelerate New Product Development"
Endorsed by Society for Biomaterials